How to stay away from internet scams by InternetReputation.com
The internet is a very useful thing. It is used by millions of people everyday all over the world. It is also home to a lot of scams operated by people who want to take advantage of the huge reach the internet has in people’s lives. Here are tips on how to stay away from internet scams.
1. On the internet, it is extremely important to know exactly whom you are dealing with. If the charity or seller you are dealing with looks unfamiliar, check it up on the internet. Contact the Better Business Bureau in your area and ask for information. Getting a physical address and phone number before dealing with anyone on the internet will ensure that you have something to fall back on in case of a problem later.
2. On the internet, just having no complaint does not mean that a seller is legitimate. Fraudulent people on the internet open and close up quickly and so complaints may not always be there. As such, you should look for other danger signs before dealing with anyone.
3. Knowing how you can handle complaints with an internet operator is important. For instance, an internet scam that is operated from another country may be hard to complain against. So look up on the internet for any program the operator is involved in that ensures that it is reliable and hence scam-free before you deal with it.
4. Don’t be foolish enough to believe that you can make easy money on the internet. When you are lured by websites who say that you can be rich with little or no work or you can earn lots of money by clicking on a link or you can get a loan even if you suffer from really bad credit, check out the operator well. It is probably an internet scam. Stay away from such promises.
5. If you like shopping online, it is important to know that legitimate sellers will provide you with all the information you can imagine, like, the total price of the product or service you want to buy, the delivery time, refund options, warranty if any, as well as what happens in case you cancel your order. Don’t choose a seller who provides you little or no information.
6. When you see that a website or operator on the internet is putting undue pressure on you to act ‘immediately’, it is a good idea to check its credentials. A legitimate business or charity will be happy to give you the time to think about their offer.
7. Be very cautious of unsolicited emails you get. If you are receiving emails from people or organizations you don’t know, it is a good idea to reply with a request to remove you from their email list. However this may just prove to them that yours is a working email address and you may be buried under a deluge of more emails. The best idea is thus to just delete these emails.
Martin Butler - About Author:
Internet Reputation.com can help you protect your reputation and avoid scams and frauds on the Internet. Internet Reputation.com is a Denver based Internet Reputation Management company that focuses on helping clients clean up and fix there online problems.
Published by Webin Lee on March 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Jack on August 15th 2012 | Business
Published by Sam Hopkins on February 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Darrell Fore on May 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 15th 2011 | Business
Published by Chooseems on July 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Pappu Sujitha on December 28th 2011 | Business
Published by Matthew Arthur on August 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Chris Whelan on February 29th 2012 | Business
Published by Darrell Fore on June 14th 2012 | Business
Published by Frank Joseph on August 23rd 2012 | Business
Published by Diego Hall on December 2nd 2011 | Business
Published by Randy Fletcher on July 17th 2012 | Business
Published by Darrell Fore on June 19th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on May 25th 2012 | Business
Published by Julia Roger on March 22nd 2012 | Business
Published by Paul Rowley on March 20th 2012 | Business
Published by David Flambert on July 6th 2012 | Business
Published by Gayathri Asmithadevi on July 21st 2012 | Business
Published by Jacob Thomas on November 29th 2011 | Business