How to Prevent and Repair Aging
Aging is an inevitable and unavoidable phenomenon in every person's life. Though we all like to look fresh and young forever, aging will tiptoe in to our lives with time. We have to take this change sportingly or else it will be a cause of depression for us. In other words, time will play its menacing role on us and there is no respite from this. But for some people aging takes place prematurely and this can bring much distress in to their lives. The factors triggering premature aging include excessive sun exposure (photo-aging), dry skin, poor sleep, alcohol abuse, tobacco abuse, stress, poor nutrition, inactivity, allergies, exposure to toxic chemicals and metallic substances, Werner's syndrome (a genetic disorder), excessive exposure to cold weather etc. Aging includes the following signs and symptoms:
1. Flagging energy level
2. Appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on skin
3. Appearance of brown spots
4. Looseness of skin due to loss of lean muscle tissue
5. Weakening of eyesight
6. Weakening of hearing power
7. Weakening of memory
8. Experiencing light sleep
9. Hair turning white gradually
10. Thinning of hair
11. Abdominal obesity
12. Decreasing muscle strength
13. Decreasing bone density
14. Joint instability and inflammation.
Above I have listed the predominant signs of aging. There are numerous other signs and symptoms. Aging cannot be arrested but the aging process can be slowed down or it can come gracefully if you are a bit careful. Here are few tips on that.
Ways to prevent aging:
1. Try to get enough sleep. Sleep at least for 7 hours a day.
2. Do not raise your eyebrows often. This will prevent forehead lines from appearing.
3. Use moisturizers to keep your skin soft, plump and well hydrated. This will reduce the aging pace.
4. Avoid consuming sugary food, for sugar accelerates the aging process.
5. Avoid processed meat or dairy products, for they would age fast.
6. Include lots of citrus fruits, nuts, whole grains, legumes and lentils in diet. This will prevent aging.
7. Consume vegetables rich in antioxidants. This will compensate the oxidative cellular damage which is a predominant cause of aging.
8. Curb your calorie intake. This will prevent you from getting pot bellied.
9. Try to remain happy and appreciate the joy that comes your way.
10. Relieve yourself of stress through meditation and yoga.
11. Consume fishes rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. This will slow down the aging of your skin.
12. Stay away from smoking and alcohol intake.
13. Sun exposure promotes aging. So use sunscreen and sunglasses when you are out in the sun.
14. Practice mental exercises like solving riddles, crossword puzzles etc. This will improve your memory.
15. Use coconut oil for cooking. This is a good anti-aging measure.
16. Practice cardio and muscle strengthening exercises to restrict the age-related loss of lean muscle mass.
Published by Angie Turner on May 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Lexoremman on May 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Makjonson on February 10th 2012 | Health
Published by Norrisridley on December 20th 2011 | Health
Published by Justin Mark on December 22nd 2011 | Health
Published by Doglusbrown on June 13th 2012 | Health