Home Remedies for Impetigo That Give Amazing Results
Impetigo is a highly contagious skin infection which can cause sores and blisters on the hands and face of a person. It is caused by staphylococci which is a kind of bacteria and is also caused by streptococci germs. There are basically two types of impetigo, one is bullous and other is non bullous. This ailment normally happens to children and some of its symptoms may include red sores or blisters on the skin.
Impetigo Home Remedies
There are several remedies for impetigo which are simple to use and easy to follow. Some of the popular home remedies for impetigo which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective remedies for impetigo is the use of garlic. All you need to do is take some garlic cloves and crush them. Now apply these crushed garlic cloves on the affected region of the body. This natural home remedy will give direct relief from the itch. You can even try chewing couple of garlic cloves on daily basis.
2. Another effective remedy is to scrub the lesions with the help of antiseptic soap and gauze.
3. Tea tree oil is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for impetigo. All you need to do is add some drops of tea tree oil in your bath water. After taking bath it is recommended to lightly rub calamine lotion on your body.
4. Turnip is also very effective in curing impetigo. Just take a turnip and chop it into pieces. Now soak these pieces of turnip in rice water or natural vinegar for six hours. Later you can eat these pieces of turnip.
5. Aloe vera gel is equally effective in treating impetigo. All you have to do is take some aloe vera gel and rub it on the affected area of the body. Applying aloe vera gel four to five times a day will give you good results.
6. You can even use olive oil or garlic oil on the affected area to treat impetigo. Just take any one of these oils and apply on the affected area. This natural home remedy will treat this ailment within few days.
7. Take some rosemary leaves and thyme leaves and then simmer them in water for about fifteen minutes. Later strain this mixture. You can use this water to cleanse the affected area of your body. This is one of the most effective home remedies for impetigo.
8. Avoid fried foods, tea and coffee. Drink lots of water every day and have a balanced diet. It is also very helpful if you take all fruit diet for the first three to four days.
9. Try to maintain a good hygiene and keep your utensils, clothes and towels away from other people as it can spread to them also.
10. It is also recommended to cover the affected region with gauze and tape.
The above mentioned remedies for impetigo are some of the most popular and effective natural remedies which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.
Published by Carsonmrtn08 on July 4th 2012 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on June 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Josekohle Kohle on February 6th 2012 | Alternative Medicine
Published by Peter Wilson on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Johngilsons on February 28th 2012 | Health
Published by Harold Spencer on June 6th 2012 | Health
Published by Emiley David on December 10th 2011 | Health
Published by Joshua C Kozak on April 27th 2012 | Health
Published by Rockeysheen01 on January 17th 2012 | Health
Published by James Blee on December 21st 2011 | Health
Published by Gymcompany on July 20th 2012 | Health
Published by Maryam Keon on December 26th 2011 | Health
Published by Mary Porter on July 11th 2012 | Health
Published by Mike Bate on May 21st 2012 | Health
Published by Greame Shaun on June 22nd 2012 | Health
Published by Mitchell Davis on April 25th 2012 | Health
Published by Annphilip on February 7th 2012 | Health